Pages

If cupid's got a gun, then he's shootin'

2/15/10 7:59 PM

Happy Valentine's Day lovers. 


(Actually, happy family day! A day that I did not only, not see my family, I had to work - since apparently other people chose to spend their family day shopping at the Eaton Centre with their children... fun times)


Trust me when I tell you - I'm not the mushy kind. However this Valentine's, I was feeling the love and wore red tights. So festive, right.  


I was treated to a lovely meal @ Gio Rana's Really, Really Nice Restaurant, on Queen East. You may have passed by it without knowing exactly what it is, but surely you've noticed it. Without signs indicating the title of this elegant Italian eatery, it is a giant sculpted nose that marks the location, instead. Pure class. 








Gio Rana's Really Really Nice Restaurant - 1220 Queen St. E. 



When HE lived down at Queen E. and Jones a couple summers ago, we would drive by often and when we finally discovered what this sizable schnoz disclosed, we vowed to one day visit. Finally, the day arrived yesterday with surprise reservations for 6:30p.m. 


We ordered:


 Fritto misto - fried calamari and shrimp, appetizer to share. 










Ossobuco- finished w/ cremini mushrooms and asiago with a side of asparagus w/ gorgonzola for him. 

Seared salmon w/ tomatoes and lemon/thyme salsa with a side of bean and potato salad for moi! 


Everything was incredibly delicious, seriously timely, not overly-priced and the atmosphere was mellow. The wall art was intriguing, and the staff was super nice and laid-back, and I can easily say, Gio Rana's definitely lived up to it's really, really nice proclamation.   

0 comments: