Pages

The Stakes are High

3/9/09 6:39 PM

“My favorite thing in all of rock ‘n’ roll is that pleading, eager voice full of sweetness and pain.”

-Ezra Furman, as quoted in the Chicago Tribune

Dead on. Ezra’s hauntingly mesmerizing, yet somehow endearing vocals stand out in such a distinctive way, I predict the Harpoons will be huge, just you wait. Ezra Furman & the Harpoons, take number one in my favourite new band category - Number one song goes to, The Stakes Are High. The band recently posted numerous upcoming tour dates, and my fingers are crossed that they’ll eventually make their way North of the boarder. Check out their video for Take off your Sunglasses. This song was played on Edge 102.1 one day and sparked the interest of my best friend, and now her and I are obsessed.

0 comments: