Pages

It started with Full House...

3/3/09 8:34 AM


Interview March '09
Guilty pleasure or not, I was among the millions of frivolous tweens who were Olsen obsessed since day one, following their horribly scripted, over-acted career like it was my job. Despite rants and raves bashing the Olsen's style, the "Trollsen Twins" nickname bestowed by PETA, and topping worst dressed lists on a yearly basis, Mary-Kate and Ashley will always be among my top style icons. Their styles are defined by individualism, and more than ever is that something I am intrigued by, especially in this day and age when it seems to be much more challenging. The March 2009 issue of Interview features an albino-esque Mary-Kate on the cover - I'm astounded and slightly doubtful that it is in fact even her. The shoot is quite unique and the interview to match, is a fulfilling read. MK also graces the cover of FASHION's March '09 issue, and it breaks my heart a little that I am not still interning there for an occasion such as this. Beyond the twins themselves, what I'm really jonesing for is their Spring '09 Collection for Elizabeth and James. If I wasn't so penniless, the entire collection, jewellery very much included, would be mine! Here are some of my favourite looks from the very wearable, 100% Olsen inspired collection.
Robert Lee Morris for Elizabeth and James, Snake Wrap Ring, $100.00.
I cannot wait to see the new Elizabeth and James, in collaboration with Steve Madden, shoe collection - set to be unveiled in mid 2009.

0 comments: