Pages

My house, in the middle of my street

3/16/10 11:01 PM

Tis the season of rejuvenation and optimism - SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!! It could not have come at a better time.

Last week, we pulled out of #209 and took a walk around. Birdsong is my therapy and sun rays, my natural narcotic. Do I sound like a peppy school girl with a major crush? Good - It's how I feel.

Despite our single pet mouse, Mickey, who since being spotted a couple weeks ago, has presumably left the premises (I think my shriek of absolute terror, scared it away? I hope!) I'm in love with Toronto life. 




ICE CREAM TRUCK! Sure sign of spring. 



This weekend, I FINALLY had the chance to reunite with 2/3 of my high school bests after months(?) of planning - so worth it. Despite the rain and wind leading us to believe we were amidst a light hurricane, we strolled the streets of Kensington. Being a stranger to the city, it was Katie's first time in the market and it was endearing to witness her excitement for the details which have become standard in our eyes. For example: the view of the CN Tower from Kensington - She didn't realize how close we were to the landmark, staying @ Kristen's luxurious Harbourfront condo. If only it wasn't raining and I could have captured the look on my D3000. Priceless. 


In other news, a suggestion to make Toronto, a province of its very own made headlines today. I raised an eyebrow at the absurdity of the suggestion, but continued reading to learn the city's population at 2.5 million, is larger than six provinces - Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and P.E.I., according to the Toronto Sun. That stat is wack.

From the perspectives of each side, it does make sense that separate laws should govern areas that are completely opposite on nearly every level. The debate was sparked by a coyote problem in rural Ontario, reports the National Post
"...the sheer size of the city - and its voting power - means Queen's Park is more likely to cater to Toronto's every whim."
Is there not another way to resolve this issue, rather than making Toronto, Canada's 11th province? I doubt it would ever happen, not to mention all the problems this would consequently prompt. 

And I end with a photograph of my patent enthusiasm for my two favourite loves, 1) Spring 2) Toronto. 



YIPPEEEE! *This was my highly successful attempt at ruining a perfectly ordinary Toronto skyline image from Riverdale Park. #WIN

0 comments: