Pages

Reading List - Fall 2009

8/23/09 4:09 PM

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (Half way through, I love it so far! I just learned that Julia Roberts will star in the film adaptation - Perfect match!)
The Lovely Bones By Alice Sebold (Started reading this last year... must finish before movie comes out this December!)
A Separate Peace by John Knowles (Stole from my grandparents basement bookshelf -aka. my heaven- and learned while reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower, it is among the books that Charlie reads. And so I must as well, obviously.) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky √ (DONE! Loved, loved, loved! We do accept the love we think we deserve.)

The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott (Brushing up on my marketing knowledge. Half way through- interesting and practical.) The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Another steal from my grandparents.)










After reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower, like many I'm sure, I made a list of the books Charlie is assigned to read by Bill, his teacher. I would like to read/re-read these titles again, possibly when I have completed my fall list:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee √
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald √
A Separate Peace by John Knowles
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger √
Walden by Henry David Thoreau
 On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
Hamlet by William Shakespeare √
The Stranger by Albert Camus
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
###

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ah, i was so close to buying the picture of dorain gray today! and also, sex, drugs, and cocoa puffs by chuck klosterman. but i still need to finish catch 22. haha, i can't wait though.

Roz said...

I just finished David Sedaris' When you are engulfed in flames and can't recommend it enough. And yes, you should get Klosterman - the guy's one of the best writers of this decade. Nobody else can make tribute cover bands seem to noble.

Unknown said...

i always thought that the blue inside the counters of "a separate peace" was doodled by your grandma