Pages

Bull’s-eye: Rodarte for Target

8/19/09 10:53 AM

Traveling to the states is not exactly a monthly voyage I undergo – but I MUST plan a definite southern excursion come December 20, 2009. Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte are designing a 55-piece collection for Target (prices under $80, hell-o!) Images of a lace, vintage-inspired dress, complete with gray bows and another ‘60s inspired black cocktail dress were said to have briefly leaked online and described as “perfection.” Style.com posted a discussion fearing Rodarte’s quirkiness and near-couture level of craftsmanship might be watered down for the Target collaboration. I’m hoping they will mimic past pieces, especially at this lower price point, because what they have going on now – is insane. I love it.

Skeleton inspired: yes please!
I call it wearable art.
Dear Target: Please come to Canada. Thanks.

0 comments: