Pages

You’re kissing your reflection and you can’t understand why all the other boys are going for the new, tall, elegant rich kids

10/15/10 8:14 AM

Another band has been crossed off my concert bucket list: Belle & Sebastian.

(Photo by: Sarah Talunay)

The group played a beautiful show at Massey Hall Tuesday night, with local Toronto band, Zeus, as the opener.

Although I made a list of six songs I hoped they would play, sadly not even one of my favourites made the set list. I suppose that's always a risk when you see a band perform who are promoting their eighth(!) album. It was lovely to be a part of nonetheless.

They did play:

Read The Blessed Pages
Write About Love
Like Dylan In The Movies
I'm Not Living In The Real World
The Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner
I Want The World To Stop
Lord Anthony
Sukie In The Graveyard
You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover)
Piazza, New York Catcher
I Didn't See It Coming
I'm A Cuckoo
(I Believe In) Travelin' Light
Dog On Wheels
The Boy With The Arab Strap
Legal Man
Simple Things
Sleep The Clock Around
------ Encore:
This Is Just A Modern Rock Song (not played all the way through...)
Judy and the Dream of Horses
Me and the Major


(Photo by: Sarah Talunay)

Really excited to put Zeus on my iPod, they have a few upcoming shows in Ontario this month. I recommend, if you're into that sort of thing - that sort of thing being: mellow classic/indie rock.


12/02/10 – Peterborough @ Red Dog Tavern ^

12/03/10 – Toronto @ The Horseshoe Tavern *

12/04/10 – London @ Call The Office ^

12/14/10 – Hamilton @ Casbah *
12/15/10 – Waterloo @ Starlight *

12/16/10 – Guelph @ E-Bar %

12/18/10 – Ottawa @ Zaphod’s ^

^ w/ Amos The Transparent
* w/ The Skeletones Four

% w/ Metz, PS I Love You



Here's a taste - Marching Through Your Head - Zeus.


Zeus - Marching Through Your Head (Arts & Crafts) from Kieran Roy on Vimeo.

0 comments: